1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

xfinity tv streaming for android?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ryoung19, Nov 25, 2011.

1. ryoung19

ryoung19 Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Mortgage Broker
    Houston, TX
    Any news about android getting streaming through Xfinity?

Advertisement

2. ryoung19

ryoung19 Newbie
    None

Apr 18, 2010
    Mortgage Broker
    Houston, TX
    Re: xfinity tv app for android Mon, Nov 28, 2011 10:33 AM

We at Comcast Interactive Media are committed to feature parity across all of our platforms. There are several key factors that have resulted in the "Play Now" feature being present in our iOS XFINITY TV application but not yet being available for our Android customers. When we launched our "XFINITY TV on mobile" effort there was already a sizable iOS market and Android was still in a nascent state

3. jcarlilesiu

jcarlilesiu Newbie
    None

Oct 1, 2010
    Xfinity has been saying this going on a year now.

Unacceptable.

Your customers who prefer android devices have been more than patient with you Xfinity. Get the app out that allows Play it Now like the apple iOs has had for some time.

4. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Android Expert
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    Colorado, USA
    My solution?

I bought two Silicon Dust HD Homerun Prime units. Each has 3 tuners and now I have 6 tuners for $0 per month versus having 6 tuners over 3 HD DVRs that we paid over $50 per month to lease. I already had an Xbox 360 at each of those locations and a PC in my office with many TB of storage that we were already using to serve up movies to the three viewing locations. Now we use that same PC as our DVR with Windows Media Center to serve up all of our TV shows and DVR'd programs. Being able to stop a show, go to another room and continue from the same place is nice. I can't tell you how nice it is to not worry about running out of recording space on three different DVRs and we can watch ANTHING we've recorded from ANY location. It's been amazing!

As for the phone app: Remote Potato installed on the main PC allows you to view & edit recordings remotely along with being able to view recorded programs. An app called Remote Media Center gives the same functionality from my Android device. So, much like the TV viewing experience, has been IMPROVED while saving money. Wish I had done this sooner but the recent $169 shipped price for each Prime is what finally made it a viable solution. It's not a plug and play solution but it's well worth the effort to research and setup in the long run.

I uninstalled my Xfinity app the other day when I realized I didn't need it and thought about this thread and how I can now do SO much more with this app then I could the Xfinity app. No looking back for me...