1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

XGear Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danwanna, Aug 12, 2012.

1. danwanna

danwanna Newbie

Hi All,
    I recently purchased an XGear Tempered Glass Screen Protector For my Galaxy Nexus and absolutely love it. Unfortunately, I switched to the RAZR Maxx as my primary device and only use the Galaxy Nexus for a change of pace.

I reached out to the guy that created this for the Galaxy Nexus and Galaxy S3 and it sounds like he would be willing to create one for the RAZRs if the demand was high enough.

Is anyone interested? On the Galaxy Nexus, there was a certain number of pre-orders required before he would start manufacturing.

Fantom for Samsung | XGearlive

Other than being a satisfied customer (and wanting one for my Maxx) I am not associated with XGear in any way.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Sounds interesting enough!

Curious, how does it "mount" and what would he do about the beveled edge of our current glass?

3. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast

So how do we become part of the pre order list?

4. danwanna

danwanna Newbie

There is an adhesive around the bezel that allows you to install and remove the protector. It works great on the GNex.

I'm just waiting to see if we get a decent number of people replying that they are interested then I will talk to the rep at XGear and see if he can create a pre-order form on his site. That is how we did it for the GNex.

I've cross posted to a couple different forums but so far there have only been a couple people interested.

5. fdnj48

fdnj48 Android Enthusiast

I'd be interested

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

You can mark me as curious (potentially interested).

Do you have any CLOSE up pics from the Gnex? Like I said, my main concern is the bevel at the edge of the glass on the Razr.

7. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I am not interested. gnex had a screen that was prone to scratching much more than the razr. I run my maxx naked, no problems at all here! Yes, I've had both.

8. iploya

iploya Android Enthusiast

I have confirmed through personal experience that Gorilla Glass 2 can get scratched even during normal, careful use. That's why I no longer run the phone naked.

I am guessing this screen protector also scratches; sounds like it is basically a sacrificial glass layer. As such, it does not seem like it would be any more protective than the Mybat brand screen protector I use, and probably scratches more easily.

It is a neat idea, but not sure I would be interested.

Motorola Droid RAZR Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews