• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xiao-Mi Phone

I just got this phone as I live in China and the price is good, just under 2000RMB on Taobao.

I like it. It has plenty of memory for my needs. I like the general look of the phone etc. As far as changing it to English it has a number of language options available including English. My grievances are that the help app which comes pre installed from XiaoMi is in Chinese and is not changed along with the menus, although this is not the end of the world, that would be if all the system menus were still in Chinese and they are not.

The other issue is plugging in to a PC. I assumed I would be able to access not only the SD card memory but the 3gb internal storage too but only the SD shows up.

It tried to install a USB driver but I ended up having to search for that online as there is no disk with the phone, no software to install on the pc or anything. There may be a disk manager available from their website but there is no English version or at least not that I could see so there is probably something you can install but that will require an ability to read Chinese, I certainly can't read enough to use software like that.

Question, are you supposed to be able to access the phones internal storage via a pc? I installed some games onto it and they appear to have installed on the SD card and the only move option is to move to SD not the other way around so there they stay. I am a bit baffled :thinking:

Upvote 0
Xiao-Mi Phone is popular because it has a reasonable price, but with better processor and performance than other Android phones. And the supply is LIMITED, it may be the key reason for its popularity.

The phone can be bought from the Xiao-Mi homepage, but it is VERY difficult to buy.
So, it is better to look for it through Amazon or other online-store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones