1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 – messages are full

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by EnglishProtutor, Feb 5, 2020.

1. EnglishProtutor

I have just acquired a: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

I keep getting a "messages are full"; warning me that I can't receive any more SMS until I've made room.

I don't have many apps, photos or files loaded on the phone.

I have 2 SIM cards installed, however, it seems the phone tries to store my SMS messages onto my primary SIM card.

How can I get the phone to store SMS messages locally (64 GB memory) ?

I’ve looked under Messages → Settings, there’s no option to change the storage location for messages.

Many thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Settings, apps, messaging, clear cache, clear data

3. EnglishProtutor

Thanks. Tried that, only temporary fix. Need to set the default storage location to local storage.

4. nu2andy

nu2andy Android Enthusiast

You can use Xiaomi Cloud Storage.

5. baizhou

baizhou Well-Known Member

Hi, or you can also transfer your SMS messages from your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro to your computer. Then you can free up the space. Actually, it's easy to do that. You can use the free Coolmuster Android Backup Manager. With its help, you can access to all your SMS messages and export them out via USB cable. Just have a try.

6. nu2andy

nu2andy Android Enthusiast

I have since my earlier Post used Transfer Companion to transfer Text messages from my phone to my comp and print out what I wanted.
    To transfer Messages, Music and other files between your Phone and your PC you need to install Droid Transfer onto your PC and Transfer Companion on your Android device. You can use your USB cable or WiFi to do the transfer. Worked great for me.