1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

XO Skins or SGP Steinheil Flex Series?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nazz, Dec 27, 2011.

1. nazz

nazz Newbie

Which one should I go with? My priority is maintaining the clarity of the screen. I can live with a little orange peal. Got a skinomi on now but the rainbow effect is unacceptable for me.

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trophynuts

trophynuts Extreme Android User

i've always been a fan of SGP. I've never used another brand.

nazz likes this.
  3. dafutr

dafutr Newbie

nazz likes this.
  4. wedgemoose

wedgemoose Android Enthusiast

I have the SGP flex and absolutely LOVE it. I never like those kind before but am amazed at this one. the orange peel is minimal. You can't even tell unless you hold it in the right light. I was so mad when i got them because i just don't like those (the Zag type). Went to put it on and had my finger prints all over it. Looked like crap when i first installed. then magically a few minutes later (maybe an hour) it was unbelievable!!! you can't even tell i have one on my phone. I have never had a protector that was this nice. Smooth, crystal clear, easy to clean, etc.

everyone is saying the XO are nice though also. But i couldn't change after using these. If it ain't broke, don't fix it is what i say. If the XO's are better is is only by a slight margin. Don't go by me but i love the flex SGP....

I just looked again and you can not even call it "orange peel". it almost looks like glass. I can't see any other looking better. it would be impossible (maybe the "same" but not better)

nazz likes this.
  5. powerplayj

powerplayj Newbie

I have the Steinheil as well and the fit and clarity is superb. There is a slight peel effect but only in angles of direct light. I might try the XO to see if the grass is greener but not before I wear out the Steinheil flex.

nazz likes this.
  6. JSK

JSK Newbie

Installed the SGP today, so far so good. Looks better than the Ghost Armor and Zagg's I have used in the past. Be a couple of days before I can really analyze the clarity though.

One good thing, you get two flex's in the box, which is a nice bonus for when the first one gets dirty and eventually cruds up with dust around the edges.

nazz likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

i got the XO Skin (at a discount), comes with one in pack. first time having it and i have to say that i dont like it as much. i've used SGP on my droid x and completely forgot it was even there. the xo skin, imo, is not lookin that good on my GNEX, maybe its just me, and how i applied it. also the SGP comes with 2 skins and a micro-fiber cloth. xo skin: just 1, and no cloth. so, im gonna switch to SGP soon.

nazz likes this.
  8. reggie16

reggie16 Member

I got my XO skin today. However idk whether i should return it and get a SGP or apply it and see.

9. JSK

JSK Newbie

Less than half a day since I installed the SGP and it looks great. It seems most of the minute bubbles and what not are completely gone already. There is only some ever so slight orange peel, far less than I ever saw with Zagg or Ghost Armor.

I am definitely impressed.

Only complaint, it does show finger prints. But that is easily remedied with a wipe across the shirt or jeans generally.

10. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Just put my XO skin on. Slightly tackier than a bare screen, and seems to interfere with double tap sensitivity, but no orange peel and visually cant tell it is there, from any angle.

11. BLD

BLD Android Enthusiast

give it time to dry and the tapping will clear up.

12. sperho

sperho Android Enthusiast

I found the XO Skin to be tacky. I no longer use it - hate the feeling of a phone that feels like someone just prepared a jelly sandwich on it. I had it on for a week, so it should have been well-dried. I liked the Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic though. I have a few more other brands to test before I either choose one or go naked.

13. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Copy that. It did sit overnight, but i will give it a few days.

14. edge

edge Android Enthusiast

The stickiness always goes away after a day or so of drying. If you have used other military grade skins, this one is BY FAR the smoothest and strongest. I wouldn't trust a drill on a acrylic one.

XO Skins Screen Protectors - YouTube

15. STABBAAAR

STABBAAAR Lurker

I'm a smartphone n00b, but I was smart enough to get a GNex... anyways what is the "orange peel effect"?

16. mntbighker

mntbighker Well-Known Member

I ordered the Steinheil, but not the flex.

17. Cemo

Cemo Newbie

I wasn't happy with the XO skin (too rubbery for me, I had orange-peel effect...maybe I did it wrong)...I actually like the Verizon Clear (not anti-glare) protector better. I'm waiting a bit to see if SGP comes out with an ultra clear

18. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

Had my xo skin on fora week. it's rubbery and has a slight orange peel. good for $10. no skin is perfect.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews