1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Xoom comes with the dock? (no)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by reiththestud, Feb 23, 2011.

1. reiththestud

reiththestud Android Enthusiast
    None

May 1, 2010
    I'm going to go ahead and assume building43 was mistaken and he just happened to be sent a dock for review purposes. He says during his video (good video btw) that the Xoom comes with the dock. I really find this hard to believe. I asked him about it in the comments section but no response yet. Still, very intersting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvZSe4wFmgo

Advertisement

2. Mitchrapp

Mitchrapp Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    Michigan
    Come on, I want it already. Re-ordered from Wirefly after they changed their pricing. Not sure when they deliver, did the next day shipping.

3. melantus

melantus Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Well we did see an un-boxing from wirefly and I didn't see a dock so I'd say your right, and he's wrong.

4. DamianHart

DamianHart Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    It does not come with a dock. It's a separate purchase. I got the "standard" (ie smaller, cheaper) dock and it's ok. But....here's what I don't understand:

It has a mini-USB port that plugs into the Xoom...and a set of pins that provide the power to the Xoom (not through the USB port). So apparently the USB port is just to properly seat the Xoom so it connects the power pins right.

But there's no "pass through" on the base to plug the USB cord from your computer, into the base and thereby into the Xoom...so you could charge your Xoom *and* have access to the file system! So, if you wan tto do any file work you have to take it *off* the dock, plug in the USB cable to the mini-USB port..and go from there.

Who dreamed that up?

Don't know about the fancy, expensive dock.