• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Xoom SDCard tip, no root

zardoz

Jun 4, 2010
If anyone else out there is still using a Xoom (I am till there's something with a better screen, 4g, and a card slot) I just spent an hour discovering this:

Amazon had a sale a couple days ago on SD Cards - 64gb for $40 so I snapped one up. It wouldn't mount in my Xoom. I searched and searched and finally hit on this: Put the SD card in your phone (new enough to be running jelly bean). It prompted me, "This SD Card is damaged, do you want to format?" I said yes. It formatted, I yanked it and put it in the Xoom and now I've got a Xoom with 32gb native storage and 64gb on the card!

So...two year old tablet with nearly 100gb storage, 4g and decent resolution. Beat that Nexus or Note.

Reactions: OutOfPhase
I have this same problem that you were talking about.
But after I put it in my Xoom it still won't mount.
I used a galaxy s3(running jelly bean) to format it.

It would be really frustrating to find out that I wasted all that money for nothing.
I don't have much use for the sd card if it's not in the Xoom.

So...any ideas? :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones