• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xoom silver/black

bugdc

May 25, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone have experience with the silver-backed version of the Xoom compared with the matte black one? I'm in the UK, and it seems that the silver one is the only one available at the moment.

Does anyone know if the black version will be coming to Europe, or should I dive in and pick up a silver one? Which backing would be the better version to have? I've read that the silver doesn't pick up fingerprints so much, for example...

Thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with the silver-backed version of the Xoom compared with the matte black one? I'm in the UK, and it seems that the silver one is the only one available at the moment.

Does anyone know if the black version will be coming to Europe, or should I dive in and pick up a silver one? Which backing would be the better version to have? I've read that the silver doesn't pick up fingerprints so much, for example...

Thanks!

I thought the 3g one was black only and the wifi one was silver only

Upvote 0
I was looking at the xoom tonight at Best Buy; the Verizon-branded 3G model has a full matte-black, soft-touch back while the wifi-only model has the silver back.

Differences like this bug me because I want the soft touch materials but don't want or need the 3G/4G radio. It seems like the backing is easily removable (according to youtube disassembly videos) but spare parts don't seem readily available for purchase.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones