1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General XP on Android

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kemperhills, Oct 7, 2012.

1. kemperhills

kemperhills New Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I have purchased an Acer A200 10.1 " tablet with Android 4.0.3. In the Play Store I found an app that is supposed to run XP on the tablet. However the instructions say to open the USB storage which I cannot understand how to do.

When I connect the tablet to my PC using the suppied USB cable all I can find is internal storage. Though this shows some of what is spoken of in the XP instructions I can find no way to acces the internal SD card to install and apk file and a SDL.zip file. This app that is supposed to allow Windows XP to run on the Android OS was preinstalled on the tablet when I bought it.

So how do I access the USB storage on the Acer tablet.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Mrhelper

Mrhelper Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Ohio
    You may need to provide the specific name for the app you are trying to install. I can only guess that you are trying to install a different launcher with an XP skin. Windows XP (the operating system) will not actually run on an Android tablet.

3. kemperhills

kemperhills New Member

Sep 15, 2012

Somehow I have messed this up, so here is my problem. I have and HP computer in my study that has all my files on it created in Microsoft Works 9. I bought an Acer Iconia A200 tablet and wanted to transfer these files to the tablet for ease of transporting them wherever I needed to carry them.

But when try to load the files on my tablet, and they are in outline form, I lose the format and have to straighten out the outline line by line which takes a lot of time.

Can anyone tell me how to transfer these files without losing the format. Thanks.