• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Arc S - Bricked?

Joaooo

Lurker
Feb 14, 2016
Hi.

I recently got a used Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.
I rooted the phone. Installed CWM Recovery. And installed a ROM from SD card, the Xperia Ultimate HD 5.0.1. The problem is that the phone isn't going through the SONY logo. I've tried using the volume up and all the other buttons to try and get the phone to recovery mode. I've also tried flashtool (though I'm not so sure of how great I am with it).

So is there anything I can do to get the phone back?

Hi.

I recently got a used Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S.
I rooted the phone. Installed CWM Recovery. And installed a ROM from SD card, the Xperia Ultimate HD 5.0.1. The problem is that the phone isn't going through the SONY logo. I've tried using the volume up and all the other buttons to try and get the phone to recovery mode. I've also tried flashtool (though I'm not so sure of how great I am with it).

So is there anything I can do to get the phone back?
Can you give more details as far as what you did using flashtool, and what ftf file you used?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones