1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Xperia Arc S - Made in China

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by VincentAnoid, Jan 9, 2012.

?

Quality of phone determined by country made in?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2012
    Do you think it would have that much of an impact on the quality of the phone depending on where it is made in?

I've been told theres not currently many countries to the standards of Japan and Korea. With all the news about the chinese fobbing people off with anything they can adds to the belief. Selling fake baby powder, I can't remember the other cases.

Advertisement

2. VincentAnoid

VincentAnoid Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 6, 2012
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Honestly, you've been given silly advice or information.

The iPhone is made in China. Many Japanese and Korean electronics products are made in China. The Huawei is from China and I know a lot of VERY satisfied Huawei owners.

And if the phone isn't made in China, you can expect any number of critical components to be made there.

All you care about is buying from a company with a reputation for quality that will stand behind the product. They're really mostly very similar, even though we all have our own personal horror stories about Brand (fill in the blank).

I'm going to lock your thread, not because you did anything wrong, but these questions tend to draw as many false, totally wacko responses and political tirades as they will good advice.

And the good advice is, if you like the Sony, maybe visit our Sony forums and see if the users aren't overall happy.

You can pick the Android that's right for you without worry over country of origin.