• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Arc Time randomly changing problem

My Xperia arc is randomly changing time. :thinking: ( I love the phone apart from this one bug) It can go forward days or back days there seems to be no pattern to it.
It did not occur for a month now it has happened 3 times in a week. So they are very random time changes. I am not sure if its an Android 2.3.3 , a Sony Xpreia arc Problem or a conflicting app ?

Obviously it is a real problem as the alarm does not go off, missed appointments air flights etc.

I have the auto updates to the network off. I have cleared the time caches . I can't seem to find a similar problem anywhere on the web.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I suggest you try to update/repair the software with Update Service, Update service - Learn more - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson.
Since your phone is already set to manual time settings it should not be possible for the phone to do this (unless you have rooted your phone).

If this won't fix your problem you need to contact your dealer and ask for assistance with sending the phone to a authorized repair centre.
Contact the local support office if you need more information on this.
Phonelist - Contact - Common - Corporate - Sony Ericsson

-Markus
Sony Ericsson Answers Team

Upvote 0
Still doing it, Need to sort this while under warranty
"I suggest you try to update/repair the software with Update Service, Update service - Learn more - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson.
Since your phone is already set to manual time settings it should not be possible for the phone to do this (unless you have rooted your phone)."

Tried this made no difference

If this won't fix your problem you need to contact your dealer and ask for assistance with sending the phone to a authorized repair centre.

Its so random they won't take it. Some times it happens twice a week other times ones a month. They tell me do a factory rest which is a pain rebuilding the phone.
Its not a bug they want to take on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones