• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia M2 not sending location data/history after switching data back on

Garawa

Apr 25, 2012
Hi

I have read a number of posts about this and most have gone unanswered or given answers that don't apply. We have 2 identical phones. My wife's was low on remaining data when we were away so turned her data off. When we got home she turned it back on (as predominantly it was connect by wifi). Since the day she turned it on, her location history has been showing blank.

One post has said that it often still shows online on a PC but my wife's just stops. We have turned data off and on again but to no avail. Another post said to turn off location reporting in Google+ then turn back on again whilst another said to do similar in maps - neither worked! I have checked all settings are on by comparing screens with my phone which is reporting perfectly but I cannot figure out why the location icon comes up, appears to be using it for local information but isn't broadcasting it or keeping a record of it.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones