• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Mini pro SK17a reversed North & South in SkyMap and similar Apps

apiffa

Lurker
Jul 2, 2012
Hi all,
Can't find SkyMap, SKEye, Astro and similar apps to show correct North and South. North and South appear interchanged.
As of Google SkyMap, I know East & West should be reversed because of looking into the Sky, but North and South are wrong, same with SKEye for example.
Compass Apps like Compass (Catch.com), GPS Status, GPS Test, and Utooo Compass all show correct North, but no way with "SkyMaps".Android Version is 2.3.3, kernel is: 2.6.32.9-perf.
Have tried magnetometer calibrations with "8" turns, and clearing A-GPS data. About Maps not sure what's actually doing. GPS Essentials is working fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks,

Hi all, Further investigation using AndroSensor showed me that skymap follows orientation sensor. Then not guilty.I am thinking of interference from a near GSM/3G antenna. Will Further investigate. BTW, I am impressed of this device and sensors it has. It's an INCREDIBLE piece of technology loaded with the best opensourced O.S. Virtual unlimmited possibilities for anything from hacking to developing apps.Congrat tu all that contribute to this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones