• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia mini Pro Sk17i - Data Connection Problems

Mancubus

Lurker
Feb 12, 2012
Hi

I am facing some real Problems with my Xperia Mini Pro.(Sk17i)

I set up my Mail, the Market, Internet and Facebook. Everything works fine aslong as I'm connected to the Wifi. When I disable the Wifi, the phone gets problems connecting to the market, facebook and my mail, BUT the internet Browser keeps his connection.

On the Market or my Mail Client i get the Error: "Unable to open a connection to the server"

This is happening while i got the H or E Icon present and my Signal strenght is at max.

I hope anybody can help me

Tx

Mancubus

Sounds like you may have WAP settings instead of Internet settings. To check this please do the following:

Main menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names >

What you should have here is generally your networks name followed by the work 'Internet" whilst WAP settings are more along the lines of Vodafone Live etc. To confirm that you have internet and not WAP settings in this location you are best to check directly with your network provider.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones