• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia no period in soft number keyboard

I have designed an Mortgage Calculator for Canadians. It is called John's Mortgage App and it is in the Canadian Market.

The problem that one of my users is seeing is that the "." is not on the soft keyboard. From my Samsung it looks like this, but on her phone the "." button is missing:

B55uO27UNjA2ap9OCWw4uLJXS0tecRgTsdEwLogAf8PJrQtEJbygnVSR20z0eaTL-0FCy1IVkY3VjiVvlhMUp4YDLQ=s512

Has anyone noticed that there is weirdness with the xperia keyboard? Is there anyone from Canada who can take a look and see if their xperia is also missing the ".".

And is there any designers out there who would know how to go about fixing it? Currently the xml file looks like this:

Code:
<TableRow>
                    <TextView android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:id="@+id/text02"
                        android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/interestRate"
                        android:textColor="@color/black" android:maxWidth="18dip"  
                        android:padding="5dip" android:layout_gravity="top"/>
                    <EditText android:layout_width="wrap_content"
                        android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:focusable="true"
                        android:id="@+id/interest" android:inputType="phone"
                        android:digits="0123456789."
                        android:hint="Interest" android:textSize="12sp" android:textStyle="bold"
                        android:text="4"
                        android:imeOptions="actionNext"
                        android:nextFocusDown="@+id/amortPeriod"
                        />
                    <TextView android:layout_width="fill_parent"
                        android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:text="@string/percentSign" 
                        android:textColor="@color/black"/>
                </TableRow>

Just out of interest I also installed it on my X8 (which is the same as the Xperia X10 Mini's in set up) and it worked fine with the default (only) keyboard provided on there.

On the X10 the only one I couldn't find the full stop on was the Chinese keyboard, the Default and Android worked fine. (I didn't try Korean or Japanese tho!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones