1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Xperia PLAY emulator hacked to play custom ISO's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anondl, Aug 12, 2011.

1. anondl

anondl Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Hello,

I'm not sure if this was posted or not (if so, sorry for the repost :eek:)

Yesterday I couldn't decide if I should buy FPse or not. Then I've found this video on Youtube.

PSXPERIA video tutorial - YouTube

Has anyone tried this out?
    and would this void my R800x?

~Anondl

Advertisement

2. 007shark

007shark Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Electronics Tech
    FL
    [​IMG]

:D If that answers your question.

EDIT: It doesn't void your warranty because it doesn't require rooting your phone. Basically you are making images of your PSX games and using PSXperia Tool to make it into an apk file. You install the apk on your phone and copy the data file to Android/data. To undo you simply uninstall the app as with any other app.

anondl likes this.
  3. Silvist

Silvist Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 23, 2010
    Student
    San Francisco, CA
    Hey everyone,

I just got this phone myself, and tried out that method which is from the video. I checked out Yifan Lu's post on xda, since he was the one who developed this idea. So far its great, except its not perfect. I've already tried three different games: CSOTN, Street fighter alpha 3, and MK trilogy. Each of these games have different glitches, and some are worse than others. The real only playable one out of the 3 is the MK trilogy, which is one of the last released mks on ps1.

Either case, the glitch I'm getting is some of the graphics is just black. Like instead of seeing my character, I see what almost looks like a shadow of him. SF alpha 3 was really bad, the game flickered like mad during fights, and was unplayable due to that. Castlevania SOTN had it where my character was all black, and same with the enemies. Made it hard to play because some of the areas in the game the lighting is low, like shadows, making the enemies invisible as well as your character. MK trilogy is the ONLY game i've tried this method with that's worked almost flawless. The only minor glitch with it is the character will have some random misplaced pixels by them at one time or another. Other than that it works fine.

This method has great potential, but I think alot of stuff still needs to be worked out. I tried this method with the Crash game that comes with the phone. I did read other people tried this method with other games, like Syphon Filter 2, and had better luck with no glitches. I also am not sure if where you obtain the iso/bin/img matters. Such as obviously by legal means, you download a copy of the iso (where you obviously still own the game), and of course burning an ISO straight off the PS disc itself. So I'm curious what other peoples results were, and what seemed to work better for others. I'll keep you guys posted if I figure anything else out.

anondl likes this.