• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

XPeria PLay r800at problem

daitva bali

Lurker
Dec 30, 2013
When i connect my phone to my laptop, there is no notification of it getting connected.
tried different USB cables, port, PCs, laptops, retested my phone to factory and setting reset, remove battery, remove Sim, memory card, but still not recognized. have latest PC companion but it just doesn't recognize it, changed the media transfer and mass transfer modes still same thing. tried update service and also tried update software from phone but in vain.
only can charge the phone with wall charger.
tried enabling debugging USB.. its the same.

i just want my phone to be recognized by my PC.. i need to update drivers.
i need to root my phone

If the phone won't charge with any of the USB cables you've tried, it sounds as if either the cables are all bad or all the ports you've tried are bad. The only difference between the charger and a USB port is what's feeding the 2 power pins on the cable.

It's like a car only running if it's facing East when you put gas in the tank. The problem doesn't fit with the situation.

Reactions: daitva bali
Upvote 0
my phone charges with the usb cable when connected to wall charger, all the ports are good, tried with other phones.my phone is not recognized by 7 usb cables in 3 different pcs with different ports. but when i use the same usb cable and connect it to car charger or wall charger my phones gets charged.
any ideas how to deal with this..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones