• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Play rattling

Floodric

Lurker
Jan 20, 2012
Hi all.

I've been lurking these forums for a while and have found some useful information.I have a question of my own that does not seem to have been adressed but I'll try anyways.

My Xperia play has an audible rattle when it is shook even lightly.I'm trying to firgure out what this is as it does not happen to my brothers.Another thing is that there is no rattle when the phone is open in controller mode but only when it is closed.

I'm wondering if this is normal with x amount of phones or whether or not its dodgy.It must be something to do with the hinges as far as I can see because it does not make a sound when it is open.Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :D

I have checked three different handsets here and have not been able to replicate the problem. With this being the case I would have to agree that you may have an issue with the hinge. It doesn't sound like a major issue, though if you are concerned or if it starts to show signs of getting worse I would advise getting it into an authorised repair agent for assessment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones