• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xperia play touch screen stopped working

silvasean

Lurker
Sep 11, 2011
hi guys, brought a play about 3-4 weeks ago .... last night the battery died on me (nothin unusual ) then come the moarning i recharged and booted it up, then out the blue the touch screen isnt working...
the whole interface is still runing normaly the gaming pad is working fine but the touch screen isnt responding at all ..
i am completey gutted as i was ejoying this phone to its full potential then bam reality hits ..
please could you leave some help and advice as to what i should do next..

thanks silvasean

Even if it's second hand, if it's still in warranty you should still be able to send it to Sony for repairs so I'd check on their site about sending it off. The fact it's second hand shouldn't really matter as I've sent off an Xbox that RRoD'd for repairs that I brought off ebay (It had never been used but still, technically second hand.)

Worst case scenario is Sony wont repair it and the screen needs to be replaced, which is relatively easy to do.

Repair Your iPhone Screen on the Cheap

I know it's for an iPhone but the basic principals are the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones