1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

xperia x10 and astro, help please.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by madiepaisley, May 26, 2011.

1. madiepaisley

madiepaisley Lurker

ok, i've looked and looked and i'm sure i'm missing it, so i'm sorry if i'm duplicating a question but - so my xperia x10 started randomly rebooting. over and over. 10 times yesterday. i've only had the thing 6 months. so i called sony and they tell me to "repair my phone" using that pc connection program thing. well it said it was going to delete all my apps/etc - so they told me to get something called astro and back them up. so i did. and i repaired the phone - and now i can't install any of the apps that i backed up b/c my phone is locked from downloading outside of the android market (i'm with at&t). so what was the point of installing astro? i wanted to keep from having to pay for the apps i already paid for - am i doing something wrong? is there a way around this? i'm really hating this phone. please can someone help me? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

So you said you did the PC repair thing (I assume you mean you installed PC Companion and did some type or repair....or restore) What did it do? I guess it reinstalled Android 1.6....to check that chose Settings and go to the bottom and chose About Phone and let us know what Baseband version it says you have.

Astro is just a file navigator....it lets you see the files on the phone. You could have done the same by plugging it into your computer and then viewing and backing up what's on the phone from your computer.

If you have already paid for apps and you deleted them, then this is how you get them back.....they are linked to your google account. So whatever apps you bought you can get back. Log back into the market using the same google account you used when you bought any apps you did.

Now....as for AT&T not allowing some apps from unknown sources...that's on them. Another problem I could see is if you bought an app 6 months ago for your Android 1.6 phone and they no longer support 1.6 and they no longer make the app for 1.6....then you'll have a problem.

When you first got your phone, I assume it was just a regular Android 1.6 x10 from AT&T? You didn't get it from craigslist or something and bought it from someone who rooted and flashed it?

3. madiepaisley

madiepaisley Lurker

yes, pc companion was used - and i guess it reinstalled 1.6 b/c i'm still on it according to my phone. baseband is 1.1.32 (what is that?). it deleted everything that wasn't on my sd card. i went back to android market to redownload the things i had had before this "repair" and used the same google account, and it's just rebilled me. ugh. it's just not my day.

4. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

If you used the same google account when you signed into the market....

https://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=113410

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews