1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support xperia x10 help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by turnerdwt1992, Apr 8, 2011.

1. turnerdwt1992

turnerdwt1992 Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    well where to start lol

i bought this phone last year after about 2 months of having it, it stopped charging, but when it was plugged into the wall charger i heard a little snap noise and its stopped charging. i sent it to a 3rd party phone shop and they said they couldn't fix it... and me being me stuck it in the draw and bought a blackberry. about a week ago i got it out and just tried it in the charger and i wiggled it about and the red light flashed 3 times... i took it to another phone shop and they put a new battery and it came on... so they said we will fix the port as it must be that. so got it back today still not fixed, they couldn't get the parts. any of yous have any ideas? could i get something to charge the batteries and then just put them into the phone? oh and yes i have now learnt i could have sent it to SE :(

Advertisement

2. rosered

rosered Android Expert
    None

Jul 4, 2010
    UK
    The UK phones have two years warranty so you could still try that route. That said you could also get a third party battery charger to charge the battery, someone else on here did altho I don't think they mentioned name and model etc.

The only downside of the socket being broken is that you won't be able to update it via the pc either.

3. turnerdwt1992

turnerdwt1992 Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    yes i was just thinking that about doing things on the pc, should i send it into SE? or 3rd party? also do you think that the port has snapped or i have heard alot about this phone with charging problems...