1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

xperia x10 now dead

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickchapman, Sep 4, 2011.

1. nickchapman

nickchapman Lurker

Morning all , hope some one can give me some advice my xperia x10 seems dead first i broke the screen, crack starting from the left hand corner, but the phone still worked ok. Then 3 months later I was prompted to update to 2.3 and while that worked great for a few days the scren went blue then black. The battery was full. Now then all I get is a red flashing light when I turn on ?? I sent to the 3 repairs workshop (my phone suppler) and they told me I had a bent PCB? and it was not repairable! Are the implying I opened it up and bent the PCB with a spoon, or how else could I have bent it???? Please someone help me before I travel to Glasgow and burn their workshop down. Thanks Nick

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

Here is an x10 being disassembled -

Xperia X10 disassembled in mission to end touchscreen debate | Xperia X10 Blog

A PCB could be bent if the screen is cracked and can be pushed in. Basically, if anything inside the phone moves 1mm, it could potentially cause a bent PCB.

I donno man. Maybe burning down the workshop would help fix it.

Sounds like a random excuse to me. But fact is your phone doesn't work and is showing the red LED....not good.

3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert

To be honest if you have had enough impact/force applied to the phone to crack the screen this may have also caused damage to the main board. It would be uncommon, but could happen.

4. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

had this red light issue with my other handset, mine was doing the vibrate and then 3 red flash and nothing else. it is definitly a hardware issue and it had nothing to do with any physical damages (normal wear). So my idea would be the motherboard issue

5. nickchapman

nickchapman Lurker

Thanks again, 3 refuse to do anything about it. so I had another idea, and may I say. The glint of sunshine off the broken screen looked fantastic as I launched it into the river Thames...... Incidently 3 no longer supply the phone, 5 months and its off the catalogue....

6. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

that is really bad...sorry for your lost. It is a great phone...despite it's age and too bad that providers give so limited service...

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews