1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Xperia X10 now will not charge (but says it is)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by justinbarrow, Sep 1, 2011.

1. justinbarrow

justinbarrow Newbie

Recently I had problems with my xperia x10 not connecting to my PC but charging fine, I purchased a new usb lead and this sorted the problem with connecting the handset to a PC but now the phone will not charge.

When I plug the phone into the mains and go into settings/about phone it says (charging AC) and the battery on the display moves up with the charging symbol in it but still remaining on 48% for over 3 hours.

I have then plugged it into my PC and on the phone I selected "charge phone" and get the same problem the phone says charging via USB and the battery flashes as if it is charging even the battery gets luke warm like it does when charging but yet still stuck at 48%.

All this seems to have started since I purchased the new micro USB lead to get the phone to connect to a computer, However I have since thrown out the other cable and the bin men have taken it.

Surely it wont matter what cable is used should it? I purchased the new cable from a mobile phone shop not a computer shop.

Just stuck now - I intend to leave it on charge all night to see what happens in the morning, but seriously thinking I never got this X10 now which is a shame as it looks great.

Has anyone here had a similar issue, I will probably ring Sony tomorrow only to be told its because it needs to be an official Sony lead which my response will be if I knew the phone was so picky I wouldn't of got it.

Thanks again for any help :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

Never throw out a USB cable again.

If you got a super cheap USB cable that only does transfers....it would be weird....but I believe it is possible.

The cord that you bought...does it charge anyone elses phone? Anyone with a blackberry or another Android phone?

If you don't have any way of testing another USB cable...then you could maybe try an app like this -

Battery Calibration - Android app on AppBrain

or this:

Battery Monitor Widget for Android | AppBrain.com

3. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

indeed, never throw a cable, unless it is severly damaged (ie cut in half). had the same issue, i used a cheap usb cable i bought for 5$, data transfer was fine, but charching...nothing. the same thing also apply to car chargers...some of them do not provide enough voltage to charge the phone.

4. justinbarrow

justinbarrow Newbie

Thanks for the replies It was the cheap usb cable as I bought a universal charger with the plug hard wired and it charges fine.

I will just keep the other cable and use that for connecting to a PC, glad I got it sorted but I never thought that a cable would of caused this mains charging issue.

Thanks again, maybe this will help others with similar problems.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews