1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Xperia X10 touchscreen problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yourleader12, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Yourleader12

Yourleader12 Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Hi everyone,

So the story is that my phone ended up in the washing machine so I took it apart hair-dried it and put it back together and it works.

The software is absolutely fine but the trouble is the touchscreen is a little bit iffy.

Its fine to tap the screen but dragging doesn't work so well, I think its because it registers a tap even after you have lifted your finger so when you drag it registers the startpoint of the drag as a tap. (Its a little screwed up)

I am one to be optimistic about these sort of things so if anyone has any suggestions how to get the touchscreen working well again it will be very helpful.

(note: I can take apart the phone again if necessary)

Thanks Everyone in Advance

Advertisement

2. beau420

beau420 Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2010
    Computer Guy
    Ottawa
    I hope you can get it working 100 percent again.

Here is what I suggest. Remove battery from the phone for 24 hours and leave the phone in a jar full of rice.....leave the jar full of rice and your phone in the sun, so it gets a little warmer.

Hopefully it will be able to draw all the moisture out.

It hasn't ever happened to my phone. But it has happened to my car stereo. I have had some drops of coffee mess up my beautiful 6 inch touch screen. It was doing strange things for about a week before I actually removed it....gave it a little isopropyl alcohol rinse (because the coffee had sugar and cream) then I left it in rice for a couple days.

Now it works perfectly again.

What can mess the touchscreen up is if something is stuck under there or if there is any sugar in there....then that will be a problem. If it happens again, don't use a hairdryer, because if you get it too close to the phone and the phone heats up too much, it will damage the touchscreen and other components.

Rice of a ton of silica powder.

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    Your best bet would be to not power the unit up until you have followed the tips listed above. Being beyond that now, I'd still follow through with attempting to dry the device as much as possible before any further use.
    Electronics and liquid do not mix well so good luck. And I wanted to extend a welcome to AF. I hope you enjoy the site.