1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

xperia x8 starting problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MaryAnne08, Sep 28, 2013.

1. MaryAnne08

MaryAnne08 Lurker

I have a problem with my old x8, and I have to solve it as soon as possible.

I wanted to repair my phone software because of some reason, but the usb connection was broken, and after that there was a triangle with an exclaim signal behind a phone lying down. Since than, my phone doesn't want to starting, and that picture (or what is this) keep showing up. I tried to connect it to my computer, but my PC doesn't recognize the device...

There is a chance to save it without sending it to the service, or I have to say goodbye to my phone?

I'm traveling back to the university tomorrow, and I wanted to give this phone to my mom.

It's not rooted or something.
    Xperia x8 E15i

Thank you for the help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. FrothFrenzy

FrothFrenzy Newbie

This usually happens when the software is incomplete. While repairing the phone, the process got interrupted. (which program did you use to repair?)

There are three possible ways for you to flash the original firmware:

1. PC Companion
    2. SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Service)
    3. Flashtools

PC Companion has the simplest process, but the device often comes as unrecognized. For SEUS, this thread on XDA might be of some help:

xperia x10 show me Exclamation mark - xda-developers

For Flashtools, check this thread:

[UPDATED]Recover your dead X8/W8. - xda-developers

...and see the second post. There you can find instructions on how to repair the phone and possibly root it afterwards.

Try all three methods, and Google the repair process for each. If your phone still isn't recognized, start reading through the threads with similar issues to see if there are any tricks to get it recognized (as in the SEUS thread on XDA provided earlier).

Afterwards, report back here. If the repair process is successful, I do recommend you at least root the phone. This way you can install a recovery which allows you to create backups you can return to whenever a problem like this transpires.

EDIT:

Update process for PC Companion: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1570523

Update process for SEUS (among other things): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12442257

3. MaryAnne08

MaryAnne08 Lurker

Thank you for your reply, when I'm going to home next time, I will give a try! I uses PC Companion for the repair.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews