1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support xperia x8 wifi scanning problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sgr791990, Mar 13, 2011.

1. sgr791990

sgr791990 Lurker
    None

hello everyone
    i got my xperia x8 just 2 months ago. it was working fine until today. wifi was fine. then suddenly it got disconnected and when i tried connecting again a message was displayed "unable to scan for networks".

when i used to go to wireless and network settings before it automatically used to scan and display all the networks available but now it dosent even scan for networks. and when i turn on wifi....it tries scanning for sometime, then displays that message and then wifi turns off automatically.

i have no idea why this happened. i cant even use my warranty. if anyone knows something about this then plz help.

Advertisement

2. gonzago

gonzago Lurker
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    I encountered the exact same problem last night. it's a shame no one has posted a solution.

3. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    With any suddenly appearing issue like this I would advise running a software update before looking at any possible causes.

4. massao

massao Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    I had the same problem. I installed the software from the sony erikcon website to my computer, and then followed the process for updating the phone software. That did not work, since I had the latest software already. So then, I tried to REPAIR my phone software, and after that was done, my phone was functional again, and the wifi works without any problems.
    Requirements:
    * A PC connected to the Internet (preferably broadband)
    * USB phone-to-PC connection. Please see the accessories compatibility list for your phone.

1. Here is the website to download the Update Service software fromhttp://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/updateservice?cc=au&lc=en
    and install it on your PC.

2. Run the software on the computer after it is installed.
    3. Follow the procedure for UPDATE or REPAIR (if you already have the latest version).