• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help xperia x8 xRecovery can't access /tmp/recovery.log

dsinge1999

Lurker
Jan 4, 2012
Hi There,

First post...newbie to android so any help would be appreciated. I have rooted my phone and done all the necessary steps to install xRecovery. The problem is I when I try to back up my phone I get the following error message: E: can't access /tmp/recovery.log. I have tried for days to find a work around but it simply will not work. I'm dying to get the upgrade to froyo or above as 2.1 does not offer multi-touch. If anyone has found a solution to this issue and feels like giving me a step by step I will send good vibes your way for the next 12 months!Any hellp would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Dan

Hi There,

First post...newbie to android so any help would be appreciated. I have rooted my phone and done all the necessary steps to install xRecovery. The problem is I when I try to back up my phone I get the following error message: E: can't access /tmp/recovery.log. I have tried for days to find a work around but it simply will not work. I'm dying to get the upgrade to froyo or above as 2.1 does not offer multi-touch. If anyone has found a solution to this issue and feels like giving me a step by step I will send good vibes your way for the next 12 months!Any hellp would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Dan

google 'x8toolbox' and all your question will be answered, including your multitouch problem :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones