• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Xposed Framework Backported to GingerBread

MikeRL

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2012
Gotta love the community in open source projects, here, XDA, and anywhere else! Anyhow although I like to stick around here and recommend this site highly, take a look at this guys:
Xposed Framework Backported to Gingerbread – xda-developers
I doubt this device is ever going to fully run ICS all that well (Bsydz tried his best, but we just don't have the camera source! Reverse engineering drivers is a PITA) Here's a direct link to the thread on XDA:
xda-developers - View Single Post - [FRAMEWORK ONLY!] Xposed - ROM modding without modifying APKs (2.2)(03.09.2013)
I've been using Xposed on my Nexus 4 and 7 (both rooted with CM, but now considering Paranoid Android and other ROMs due to the fallout from CM's incorporation, plus they broke Franco Kernel, but that's for another debate elsewhere!) and I must say that it is useful for me. Xprivacy may work on it. I cannot guarantee that everything will work (be sure to thank the person who ported it!) and I remember it having some issues on ICS according to other users, but why not give it a spin if you still have the Triumph? Just make sure you have a backup ready, and proceed at your own risk as always. But Xposed has awesome mods like Xprivacy that can help stop Facebook from spying on you.

I installed that for awhile, a couple of weeks ago.
I was unable to find any (GB) modules for it.
There are some in Android Tuner Pro (a combo of System Tuner+ Battery Monitor+ other new stuff) that seemed to work ok, though.
No issues at all with the actual installation of Xposed itself. I'm on cm7 btw.

I think it's an awesome idea, that will make all those custom ROMS, that are just themed/modded stock ROMS totally obsolete... for ICS installed devices at least.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones