• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

xScope, a multitouch pinch zoom browser

Now it's going to be tempting for us all to continue to request features ad infinitum, but let me just say, if you never did any more work on this browser, it's already something that's satisfying.

It's far better for my tastes than Dolphin and the stock browser and is exactly what I was hoping for from developers when I decided to purchase this phone. Good work!

Upvote 0
Now it's going to be tempting for us all to continue to request features ad infinitum, but let me just say, if you never did any more work on this browser, it's already something that's satisfying.

It's far better for my tastes than Dolphin and the stock browser and is exactly what I was hoping for from developers when I decided to purchase this phone. Good work!

Bullcrap!

Its good for NOTHING until it makes me coffee.

:)

I second Droiiid!
I have all the features I need......wanted from a browser. I would honestly just be happy if you worked on any bugs that came up as opposed to new features!

...unless of course you were talking about that coffee thing.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The graphics and hardcoded motion logics need to be refined in 1.6. Also some functions need to be redo. So right now busy finalizing current version. Thanks.
Looks good so far. So much faster than the crappy default browser. Will you be releasing a 1.6 version of the latest fork of the app? Or will I just have to wait for Android 2.1 on my device?

Upvote 0
Totally agree. Next phase, making it stable and more refined.
Bullcrap!

Its good for NOTHING until it makes me coffee.

:)

I second Droiiid!
I have all the features I need......wanted from a browser. I would honestly just be happy if you worked on any bugs that came up as opposed to new features!

...unless of course you were talking about that coffee thing.

Upvote 0
love this browser! however when I am reading NYTimes (or whatever) on xScope and I switch out without exiting and clearing to go to an email, then the email has a link that I want to see, I am taken back to xScope which promptly wipes the Times page I was reading. can we have a setting that opens a new tab and leaves existing tabs open? I hope I've explained this clearly. Great work!

Upvote 0
Hello,
Other than obvious ones, what is your ranking of some of the most frequently used functions:

Candidates:
1. Forward
2. Show favorite list
3. Show history
4. Show tabs (where a list of pictures is shown so that a user can click to switch to or click X to remove. To be implemented in xScope)
5. Show files
6. Find text in page
7. Copy text

I'd have to say my ranking would similar to yours:

2, 4, 3, 1, 7, 5, 6

Also, I have also experienced the black screen and quit "hiccup" quite a number of times. I've also had the browser quit on me when closing a tab.

And one more thing about the Google zoom issue -- I've noticed the zoom resets, without fail, when you switch from portrait to landscape, or vice-versa. Maybe this will help you troubleshoot it.

Upvote 0
hiway,
The new update should tackle this problem well at most times. Thank.
Gary
love this browser! however when I am reading NYTimes (or whatever) on xScope and I switch out without exiting and clearing to go to an email, then the email has a link that I want to see, I am taken back to xScope which promptly wipes the Times page I was reading. can we have a setting that opens a new tab and leaves existing tabs open? I hope I've explained this clearly. Great work!

Upvote 0
GreedyBird,

That's the limitation for lite. However, eventually I will use global bookmarks facility so it will have no limit.

Good news for you. I have just implemented swipe to change tabs function. Probably I will update late tonight.

Thanks!

Love this app!

Is a limitation of the free version only 6 favorites?? After 6 whenever I add more it replaces them.

Also I think a side swipe to change tabs would be nice, probably the only feature I miss from dolphin.

Upvote 0
Love the changes so far. Still some issues as I am not being successful editing a post on a forum such as this.

One change I. Would like to see is perhaps the status bar be a little more noticeable,as sometimes I can not tell if a link activated or not as the yellow skinny bar can be tough to see at times. Perhaps a little wider and a different color?

Upvote 0
Good news for you. I have just implemented swipe to change tabs function. Probably I will update late tonight.

I like the swipe to change tabs function, but it seems really touchy. On my Droid I can slowly drag my finger less than half an inch and it will change tabs. Doesn't quite take a full "swipe." I trigger the tab change trying to pin-zoom a lot.

Any chance of making this less sensitive?

Upvote 0
Love the browser and the way it has grown so far. xScope I have a quick question for you. Prior to the present update when I am browsing I could press the menu button and bring up the link to the favourites/home. Now that option seems to have disappeared. I know that I can find it at the top but it was convinient....:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones