1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

xScope, a multitouch pinch zoom browser

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xScope, Nov 23, 2009.

1. xScope

xScope Android Enthusiast

2/26 update
    Waste no time. Fixed:
    1. https download
    2. some other download problems (such as megaupload)
    3. Lite version can view videos from internet

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. seeking

seeking Well-Known Member

what types of videos from the internet? i just went to youtube and i was unable to play anything

3. xScope

? Your version is the latest?
    If it is from youtube.com, you should have options to either play or download.

Bags likes this.
  4. boatman

boatman Android Enthusiast

OK. did this. went into xscope. hit muti star symbol. nothing. went into default brower. all 435 are there, but not in the directory structure i had on my computer.

where does xscope look for favorites? they must be on the phone since the default browser sees them.

5. xScope

At the bottom of the favorite page, there is a link button 'Edit'. Click on it. Then scroll all way to bottom again to see several options to:
    1. Clear global bookmarks
    2. Import global bookmarks
    3. Save to global bookmarks
    4. Save bookmarks to sdcard

6. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Android Expert

Hey guys. Tonight I tried Xscope Lite and immediately thought it was a huge step up from the Droid browser. After a few minutes I was convinced, and bought the paid version. It's well worth the measley 2.99. This browser is so fast its unbeleivable. With an overclocked Droid on wifi its crazy fast. Great job, and a big thanks.

7. bobbomo

bobbomo Lurker

Suggestion for improving your excellent browser, which I just purchased: allow rearrangement of Favorites. Or is that possible already?

8. RocknSteve

RocknSteve Member

Right now you can only sort them alphabetically. Either A-Z or Z-A. However, this is something that is being worked on. As I recall xScope mentioning before, a favorite/home page is one of the revamps he plans on doing (if not already working on). So don't worry, that'll get improved. And once it does, I think it'll pick up even more ground on popularity.

As we've discussed before, a lot of people out there judge by looks first and then capabilities. That hindered xScopes popularity but when themes came out, I've noticed a lot of better reviews. I believe the same will happen when a revamped home page comes out. Now that the overall looks of the browser have been enhanced (which is one of the first things users notice when they first open it), the next thing to improve is the home page which is also one of the first things they see. First impressions are key.

But xScope already knows all this. He is my one and only true love. And he loves me back. I hope? :p lol

9. xScope

3/6 (still listening and fixing)
    Added an option to retain back position. It works but not great due to the fact that when webview loads a page from cache, it layout might be different. For websites with fixed layout design, it works pretty well.
    Other tweaks:
    Added space between 'Clear Cache' and 'Clear All'
    'Menu + V' problem
    Launching xScope as authentication process (e.g Touiteur)
    Swype type of download is OK now (added user agent string in download module)

Fl1f1sh likes this.
  10. MirrorriM

MirrorriM Newbie

Hey, tried to update but it asked for my google checkout info? I paid the .99--do I pay for each update too? If so, sorry. This is my first paid app.

11. hiway12

hiway12 Newbie

ouch, updated this morning and the whole thing blew up. xscope can no longer find favorites, taskbrowser, filebrowser. exact error is:

file:///data/data/sui.m/files/filebrowser.html?directory=%2F

substitute filebrowser with task and favorite, it's the same for all. I've already uninstalled, re-installed, re-booted, etc

12. Fl1f1sh

Fl1f1sh Lurker

I updated to latest version this morning also and met with same results. Favorites can no longer be found. No option to edit favorites page. File browser and tasks not working either. Evidently a glitch. Still looking for remedy. <edit> Just downloaded another update, second today, and all is fixed.

13. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Fixed now.
    xscope.....you can save bookmarks to SDcard/Xscope....... but how do you actually load them when you need them?

14. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Fixed now.
    xscope.....you can save bookmarks to SDcard/Xscope....... but how do you actually load them when you need them?

15. Fl1f1sh

Fl1f1sh Lurker

I just uploaded second update for today and all previous issuies with favorites, fileb browser etc. are fixed.

16. Fl1f1sh

Fl1f1sh Lurker

Justl click on multiple star icon at top of page or go to menu and click favorites.

17. hiway12

hiway12 Newbie

at least it's working - kind of. xscope has lost the path to my backed up Favorites on the sd card. instead it's giving me some bs generic bookmarks. any way to get MY bookmarks back?

18. magnus

magnus Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was asking

19. Fl1f1sh

Fl1f1sh Lurker

Mine are on the SD card under xScope/xScopeBookmarks. If your original bookmarks are no longer there, I am not sure they can be recovered.

20. hiway12

hiway12 Newbie

mine are on the SD card named xScope/xScopeBookmarks.html but xscope isn't seeing them

21. hiway12

hiway12 Newbie

sorry, xscope sees them in the filebrowser but not when I click on Favorites. I get the generic list

22. xScope

Truly sorry for the update mess :(
    To load bookmarks from file is not yet implemented.
    xScope :: Global, two ways
    xScope :: file, one way.
    So if you could load the backup file to Global (stock browser), then you can retrieve them back. Be creative and maybe there is a way (saw lots of bookmark managers in market)
    Rearranging bookmarks should be implemented in next update.

23. hiway12

hiway12 Newbie

I don't understand what happened to the bookmarks between yesterday and today. did the update erase/replace them? also, what's the point of having a backup system if we can't restore to the browser?

24. xScope

Update will not erase your existing bookmarks. However, if you uninstall you will lose them (unless you save to global bookmarks list).
    So you save or retrieve your bookmarks throught the global bookmarks facility (they can be accessed by stock browser too). The 'save to a file' function is not very useful.
    There must be some apps in the market to save/retrieve google bookmarks or computer bookmarks. So theoretically, there is a path from xScope bookmarks to google bookmarks.

25. garvkapur

garvkapur Lurker

I just downloaded xScope Browser Lite on my Nexus but I am not able to use the Pinch and Zoom feature, can u tell what the problem may be?