1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

xScope, a multitouch pinch zoom browser

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xScope, Nov 23, 2009.

1. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

IS this not Samsung Moment compatible? I have searched in many different ways, and can't locate the Lite version or Full one?

I got the QR COde, but not sure how to use that for Market link either :(

[​IMG]

2. craigrn16

craigrn16 Android Enthusiast

it has good pinch zoom but the browser just sucks to be a default. Why cant I get a browser where I have my tabs, pinch zoom, tap to zoom and loads where I can see the whole page. Dolphins close but not there yet.

3. xScope

xScope Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion, droiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid
    I just don't think a way of doing things can be patented. But Apple did it anyway. More and more people using the one finger zoom will be my best reward:D

4. xScope

Unfortunately, it only runs on Android 2.0 and above. I will compile a version for 1.5 and 1.6 later.

5. xScope

Tabs will be release soon.

6. smacinskyjr

smacinskyjr Member

how long before we can set it as the default browser?

7. craigrn16

craigrn16 Android Enthusiast

ok thanks, I havent checked out xcope in a while so I havent tried out any recent updates. But if you guys get the tabs and a decent looking browser atleast up to par with the stock browser I'll pay double what you guys are selling it for now if I have to.

8. Lancedroid

Lancedroid Newbie

I really like this app and am going to help you along by buying the full version.

I would REALLY like to see a pop-up menu at the bottom of the screen like some apps have where you could place options like Favorites, Forward, Back, Refresh, Home and Preferences.

Keep it up, I am a fan of your work!

9. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

TY kind sir, "we didn't ask to be born this way, but we are human and deserve better" ;)

10. xScope

Thanks a lot, Lance.
    There will be a major update to 3.0 version by this weekend. User customizations will be gradually added along development and update.

11. ldougherty

ldougherty Member

subscribed so I can keep an eye on the app development over time.

12. glentendo

glentendo Lurker

Tabs and Default browser... and i'm set!

13. brokenrhino

brokenrhino Lurker

The tabs are great. Chrome is a great model for this browser fast and had the best features without the bloat.

14. droiiiiid

droiiiiid Member

Woohooo! Version 3!

Tabs are beautiful. Beyond my expectations.

They are attractive and functional.

I like the long press to open in a new tab. I like the loading percentage progress numbers. I like how clicking on a tab in focus closes it.

If you can maintain this level of quality and good taste with every update, you could have a hit!

Anyway, excellent job. I'm a big fan. So what's up next? :)

15. droiiiiid

droiiiiid Member

Nevermind. Not an issue with the app. It's an issue with my droid recognizing the inputs. Same thing was happening in my drawing program.

16. droiiiiid

droiiiiid Member

Don't know if you've seen the vid about firefox's mobile browser that was ont he phandroid blog today.

I thought that having some buttons/commands off to the side of the content was very clever UI. Of cousre the "awesome bar" is awesome (the main reason I use FF on my PC), but I'm guessing that's a much more intensive bit of work than could be put in by a hobbyist

17. smacinskyjr

smacinskyjr Member

how do we delete the browser history?

18. xScope

In development... I promise you.

19. xScope

Sometimes when I try to scroll, I end up with zoom accidentally. In this case, I just don't release my thumb so that I can drag backward to zoom it back.

20. droiiiiid

droiiiiid Member

If you need to delete for some reason, you can always uninstall.

21. smacinskyjr

smacinskyjr Member

i dont doubt that one bit. you are doing a HELL of a job, I am very impressed!!!

22. xScope

Could you post its link? Call me anything you like, but I couldn't find it
    :thinking:

23. droiiiiid

droiiiiid Member

24. xScope

25. aguillon5

aguillon5 Well-Known Member

Is there a way to make this work for photo gallery? I know the browser will not,
    I mean the technology. I would also pay for this app.