1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

xScope, a multitouch pinch zoom browser

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by xScope, Nov 23, 2009.

1. jschall

jschall Member
    None

Jul 5, 2010
    Mont Saint Hilaire, Qu
    The url as displayed in the address window cuts off the prefix "http://".

This means that if I copy the address from one tab into the edit window of another tab, like:

forum.archosfans.com/viewforum.php?f=47&sid=6a8f738cb09e9b0809dee2182931d7a0

The result is not a clickable link like this:

Forum.ArchosFans.com - View forum - Archos 5 Internet Tablet with Android

I find myself having to manually type in the prefix every time I copy an address from the xscope address window.

Could this be corrected?

- Jeff

Advertisement

2. xScope

xScope Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 23, 2009
    rophuine:
    THANK YOU!

3. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
    You long click the address window to copy the full URL. Or just click the page options in front of the address window and copy URL there.

jschall likes this.
  4. valdesr11

valdesr11 Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 4, 2010
    Miami, FL
    Anyone have a good APK file for the full version with themes? I found one, but didnt come with any themes.

5. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
    There are some from the market.

6. mattots

mattots Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    It's just that in the stock browser when I visit a link to 'get directions' on Google Maps it opens in the maps app whereas if I visit the same link in Xscope it opens in the browser...

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

7. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
    mattots,
    Do you have a specific link that I can test? I am sure I can add that.
    Thanks

8. mkarps

mkarps Member
    None

Feb 7, 2010
    My history will not clear...even though I clear it out. Anyone else have this problem?

9. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Has anyone had any luck using xScope to listen to Google Voice voicemails? It just seems to hang when I try to play one of my voicemails.

Thanks,

jd

10. lexluthor

lexluthor Android Expert
    None

May 15, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Why wouldn't you just play your gv voicemails in the gv app itself? Seems much easier to me.

11. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Should have mentioned...there's a problem with gv on my Hero. Frequently, there is no sound. I've uninstalled, re-installed, paid homage to Eric Schmidt, turned around three times and it still doesn't work.

I can listen to them via the stock browser, but I'd rather use xScope.

12. mattots

mattots Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
  13. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
  14. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
    7/14 Update:
    1. For froyo users, now xScope can be moved to sd card.
    2. Force xScope to windowed mode if (landscape+fullscreen+search). This is to avoid an android bug. Someone reported it here: Issue 8851 - android - fullscreen mode (browser app) + search box = soft keyboard flashing - Project Hosting on Google Code
    Many users are just too confused and thought it was xScope bug. But it is not unfortunately. The stock browser doesn't suffer this because it can not be set full screen. Skyfire also suffers if set to full screen. Again, it is an android bug.

15. icreepin

icreepin Lurker
    None

Jul 12, 2010
    wisconsin
    Just got the app, one suggestion I would have in the settings tap where you have user agent perhaps have something where your app can spoof for IE only browsers. I have some specific sights for work that are IE 6.0 or higher. Just a suggestion. I think you would corner the browser market if you pulled that off.

16. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Cool!

Purchased xScope today... it's a great browser, thanks.

jd

17. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
    Thanks for the suggestion. This is actually a good suggestion. The current 'desktop' agent is 'Chrome'. It should be IE. However, there will be definitely some IE specific scripts/markups that can't be executed correctly with the browser because at its core it is WebKit.

18. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
    jd,

Thanks for supporting.

x

19. SprintFun

SprintFun Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Columbus, OH
    Few things:

-The Icons on the tabs (like the little android guy logo that this forum uses, for example) are down right hideous on an evo. They are really magnified and look bad. I would imagine its the same on any of the higher res phones.

-I kind of hate how the bookmarks system works. For a new tab, that works perfectly, but I don't necessarily want to navigate away from a website to see my bookmarks. Would prefer a dropdown or sidescrolling icon menu or something along the bottom of the website I'm on.

20. Kheram

Kheram Lurker
    None

Jul 17, 2010
    Is it possible to open locally saved HTML files from the SD card with this browser? I bought the full version and I can use the file browser to navigate to them but I get an error message when I try to open them.

21. jcmtyler

jcmtyler Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2009
    Male
    Software Development Manager
    Houston, Texas, USA
    One thing I've noticed since upgrading to froyo (n1) is that xScope does not seem to play well with the stock weather and news widget. Now when I'm browsing the news in the widget, and I click on a story to read, if my default browser is set to xScope then the story shows up in xScope. The problem now is when im done reading the story and want to go back to the widget to continue browsing. If xScope is the default browser, clicking the back button will close the current tab but not take me back to the widget, whereas if my default is the stock browser, clicking back returns me to the page in the widget that I was previously in.

Does this make sense? With xScope as my default browser, using the news widget has become a huge pain because once I'm done reading a story I have to long-press home, click the news app, then navigate back to the page (tab in the widget) I had previously been viewing.

Has anybody else noticed this? Is there some setting I should tweak?

22. RocknSteve

RocknSteve Member
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    Male
    Colorado
    So it's been a while since I've posted here on this thread but I've continuously been using xScope since the beginning. The one thing that I've commonly noticed is the effort that is needed just to refresh the page. Trying to reach to the top of the screen to drag down the URL bar can be a difficult or at least uncomfortable reach.

To solve this, I've seen people suggest putting a refresh button on the menu (the actual menu (the one where you can click the "Menu" button and there's the download option, etc) but I just came up with something and I'm not sure if it's original but I know I would love it. Using a gesture for the refresh. For example, swiping two circles anywhere on the page would refresh it. I saw two because I feel like if you made it only one circle, there could be accidental refreshes.

What do you all think?

Keep up the good work xScope and for everyone who hasn't bought the full version, it's totally worth it just to support the developer alone!

23. mattots

mattots Newbie
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    For some reason, I've not been able to get Google Buzz to load in Xscope for the past couple of weeks. Well, it loads the navigation bar etc but just hangs on the 'content loading' spinner. It happens on all pages within Buzz but all the other Google web apps work fine. I don't know if it was an Xscope update or a Buzz update that caused it and can't even say exactly when it started happening as I only use buzz sporadically.

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and is there a solution?

24. xScope

None

Nov 23, 2009
    Hey Steve!

I kinda feel the same about a few buttons on the nav bar. Gesture usually requires two operations. First to signal the following touch event will be for gestures, and then gesture itself. Otherwise it confuses with scrolling.
    And then if we do need a first signal to bring on the gesture mode, why not simply present a panel with some frequently used buttons?... just need some more thinking about.

Thanks for your comment and great support! Also, I would like to send the paid version free for any user from this forum. Just send email xscopebrowser@gmail.com. Without all good/bad feedbacks, I couldn't make it this far.

25. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert
    None

Oct 31, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Nice offer! I'd take you up on it, but I already paid :) (and I'd pay again). It's a really nice piece of work.

My suggestions remain: bookmarks, bookmarks, bookmarks. I love the way Opera does bookmarks (and syncs to the PC as well).

Thanks again for a great product!

jd