• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root XT1952-T does not show "bad key" or "N/A"

Thfaro

Lurker
Nov 11, 2021
To be more specific, I have the T-Mobile REVVLRY, which is just a rebranded G7 Play. I am aware that the "bad key" and "N/A" text appearing after a phone restart/power on is normal (with a unlocked bootloader of course). Though, this is not the case for me.

What happens instead is this string of text with numbers and letters. This happens while using the Magisk route of rooting, right after flashing the "magisk.patched" file. The phone is then soft bricked unfortunately (Lenovo's LMSA tool works perfectly to restore the phone though, so not much harm done). Everything I used is up to date, ADB, drivers, the factory img and Magisk.

Has anyone ever come across this? Very curious on why it happens and what it even means.

Attachments

• IMG_20211028_183823453_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211028_183823453_HDR.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 167
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones