• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help XT9 Failing...type disappears..

erk2581

Lurker
Dec 20, 2011
First Android phone, but not first Casio.

My phone (using the standard xt9 keyboard) is having an issue where sometimes, mid-txt, other times completely randomly, the txt in the box will disappear. The phone still knows the txt is being entered...here's an example.

If I'm typing "Hi Jeff, how are you" it may enter as "Hi Jeff, " and then the type quits showing up. The phone knows its being entered because I can see it being spelled under the type box where it guesses the word and you can press it. If i put the phone up/down oriented, this problem goes away and it works fine. AND if i'm typing "Hi Jeff, how are you" and the error happens after the word Jeff, but I continue typing (hoping I"m spelling everything correctly) and i rotate the phone 180 degrees, it shows whatever i was typing, but wont show anything new.

Please help. Only thing I've found is when it starts doing this is to do a battery pull, and I'm having to do that about 4 times a day. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones