• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help XT9 Force close after hard reset!

hey guys I need some help! Earlier today my boy spilled a pepsi on my phone and afterwards the in call volume nothing but a wisper so I reinstalled all the apps using Titanium backup then un rooted and did a factory hard reset so now my volume is fine but my xt9 is not working! I get the force close "The application XT9 Text Input (process com. nuance.xt9.input) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again.

Help plz

I dont understand your troubleshooting flow lemme check this:
Spill pepsi on phone hardware-cant hear from hardware- hard reset software....? what step did i miss here? crazy it worked for your volume actualy, it makes no sense in that order of operations but hey what do I know? so bummer about the XT9, is it the factory app or something from your root job and/or a market keyboard? if its the factory keyboard I know I saw a list of downloadable factory APKs around, I think maybe in the all things root section of this forum or over at central.

Good luck, make sure to let us know what you figure out about this one.

John

Upvote 0
I got the same problem with my phone as well.Same problem forceclose.Apart from the pepsi part..:) i didnt spilled anything on it.I was just about to give it o my brother so he can use it.So i did a factory reset on it and that thing came up.Once you open up the compose message it just says "Sorry!The application XT9 Text Input(process com.nuance.xt9.input) has stopped unexpectedly.Please Try again."But no matter how many times you tried the same thing happen all over again and again.I tried everything i even call the company who owns the brand of the phone they cant help either.Pls really need your help.:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones