• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root xtrROM 3.1 Beta is posted

Nice... please let us know how that goes... if it looks good, I'll flash it as well.

Ok, just finished first boot. That first boot is always a "cross your fingers" moment for me. haha.

The camera app is back to normal. I use my paid Camera 360 anyway, so it doesnt really matter to me.

I'm syncing my Contacts right now. Gmail is not on there so I'll have to flash that Gmail.zip from xtr's front page. I'll post again after I'm done with that. Everything else seems like it's working well so far.

Upvote 0
Gmail doesn't seem to be sync'ing correctly. I had to do a manual sync after waiting 5 minutes. I'm going to send myself a couple more emails to test. I just rebooted my phone after setting up Gmail, and it didn't catch the new email that I sent while booting. :(

I flashed this rom fresh and did full wipes. I'll update again in a bit. On the plus side, I'm glad the stock Photo app is there! I really can't stand the 3D Gallery. :)

Upvote 0
Hmm. So I did a nand restore and back to 3.0.3...but my gmail is acting up. I can receive new gmail, but if I delete them on the phone, they still remain on the server. I also can't send gmail from my phone, either. It's like there's only one-way sync going on. :(

Any thoughts? Does this have anything to do with that sticky about not wiping data or doing factory reset?

Edit: One of my Gmail accounts is working normally now. I think it might just be Google acting up and not my phone.

Upvote 0
Any thoughts? Does this have anything to do with that sticky about not wiping data or doing factory reset?

I was having issues with this the other day when restoring xtr 3.0.3, then trying to wipe to start from scratch - it wasn't wiping data correctly or something. Anyway, I just fixed it by Settings->Manage Applications, clearing data within gmail and gmailstorage, and then going into the gmail app to change my settings for notifications, label sync, etc., back to my standard, and things have been fine since.

Reactions: ttran97
Upvote 0
I was having issues with this the other day when restoring xtr 3.0.3, then trying to wipe to start from scratch - it wasn't wiping data correctly or something. Anyway, I just fixed it by Settings->Manage Applications, clearing data within gmail and gmailstorage, and then going into the gmail app to change my settings for notifications, label sync, etc., back to my standard, and things have been fine since.

Smart way to go. Doing all of that manually is preferable in my opinion.

Upvote 0

If i could press the "Thank you" button ten times, I would! I knew to clear gmail data, but didnt know about gmailstorage. THANK YOU! Everything's back to normal now. :D

Upvote 0
If i could press the "Thank you" button ten times, I would! I knew to clear gmail data, but didnt know about gmailstorage. THANK YOU! Everything's back to normal now. :D

We need that procedure in a sticky, maybe. It certainly wasn't me who discovered this solution. It's just one of those things I read before and have filed in the back of my brain for the few times when this happens. It always seems to happen to me after a Nand restore, and not every time - just occasionally. (Well, twice. And I've Nand restored a lot more than that.)

Anyway, now you know, and I'm glad to help ...

Upvote 0
I was on WW and I did like the Rom, but for my phone it just didn't work out for me. I remember Frisco talking to a new guy about the xtrRom, so I saved the link and after a few weeks I checked it out. When I did it was on the beta. I gave it a shot and it works great for me. No gmail sync problems, and everything is nice and smooth. Great job zach.xtr. I would recommend this to anyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones