• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root xtrROM2.1

hookem

Android Enthusiast
Dec 21, 2009
TEXAS - Liberty Hill
I am loving root!

Settled on xtrROM2.1 for now. Really like this ROM. Anyone else using it?

It is blazing fast, w/jit, OC'd (stable for me @ 787MHz) avg 4.7 MFLOPS.

It supports LW and Nav and it's 'Sense'-less.

Doesn't support apps2sd but at only 74MB, I have 63 DL'd apps (86 MBs) installed. Cleared all cache and I still have 38.88MB left!

hookem's Apps on the Eris
Phone: Eris
63 total, 44 free (69%), 19 paid (30%), 86MB total size

View this app list on AppBrain

125632870.jpg

125632864.jpg
125632865.jpg
125632866.png
125632869.jpg

I've been using xtrROM myself for around a week, and for the moment at least, it's my favorite rom. :D

I've been experiencing the silent bug less and the rom in general is solid as can be. Through experimentation, I too have settled at 787 w/JIT. The only true bug I have found so far is that if I view my bookmarks in list mode, I get an fc. However, changing the view to thumbnail eliminates this problem. I dare say I've gotten better battery life with this rom as well, despite overclocking. I think this could be attributed to the fact that my minimum speed while asleep is 160 I think.

I just wish I could get MM to work. It repeatedly displays the "Would you like to reboot" box whenever I try to apply the theme, despite me pressing yes. And when I reboot manually, still nothing.

But overall, this is a fast, stable, no-frills ROM. The battery life is great, and my favorite parts of the HTC framework, the dialer and contacts apps, remain intact. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones