• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Sorry break off a little bit but can someome help me to give KPA a go.

I downloaded link at start of thread, extracted, but no .tar? (I've always flashed from XDA using Odin)
So, I downloaded from some other site and have all these files and not sure what to do - seems different than last firmware I flashed!

(exclude Odin obviously) or is there a simpler way for me to do it??

Cheers

Upvote 0
The zip files are what actually gets selected to flash. Cwm recovery has an option to flash a zip. This forms the basis of 99% of flashes. Basically all you need Odin for is to root your device in the first place (tar format) after this, it will invariably be zips via cwm recovery.

Thanks Hawker - makes sense now.

Gonna give ICS a go now!!

Upvote 0
Are you sure it was the kernel?

Did it happen, late, on a Saturday night, after 10 pints of Guinness? :D

Mate, after 10pints i would be dead already :D and from very beginning i didnt mention anything about kernel as this topic is about modem... :p after going back to KPA modem all good so problem sorted.
I was just wondering if anyone else had similiar problems with calling on this LP1 modem?

and btw my kernel is siyah 2.6.7 and it works perfectly so no probs there :D

Upvote 0
and from very beginning i didnt mention anything about kernel as this topic is about modem... :p

:D

That was a cock-up on my part. I meant modem. I have to say, now that I'm back on LP1 for testing purposes, that the call quality, for me, is very good.

However, it's battery drain and signal strength, for me, is worse than KPA.

As for Siyah 2.6.7, it has to be the most universally liked kernel from gokhanmoral, ever.

It even works for Sydney99! :)

Reactions: Twinn
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones