• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

xyboard cannot find software upgrades

rgmcleod52

Lurker
Mar 2, 2012
I had hoped to find an upgrade to 4.1.2 for my xyboard 8.2, but when I clicked on the System Updates link in the setting menu, all I get is "Checking for available update. Please wait...", but I never get a response.

I know that this is an old tablet, and that Motorola has been sold multiple times since this product came out, so has the upgrade site been moved? Or am I just out of luck for getting an upgrade?

Yes, I knew that there was a possibility that there were not updates available, but the behavior I expected when I clicked on the System Update link was for it to eventually come back with a "No updates available" message or something similar.

But seeing a spinner sit there and never get a response makes me think that the tablet could not reach the upgrade site. And the tablet does have a good connection to the internet. That's really the issue I was raising.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones