1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

yahoo.com.au with htc mail app issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4ngi3, Jun 18, 2010.

1. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    When I first got my Desire I setup my yahoo.com.au pop email and it was working fine for a week. yesterday i realised that i wasn't getting any emails on my desire all day. checked my settings again today and they're definitely ok.

I deleted the account on the htc mail app and created a new account with the same details. there are no errors when it goes through the setup and it verifies the incoming and outgoing email details so I would assume that it is all correct.

Actually i know its all correct because its the exact same settings i have in outlook.

I used the below settings.. can anyone help with what i might be doing wrong? Maybe i need to use a differnt mail app? any suggestions? oh and i've read about the issues with yahoomail and wifi but it used to work on wifi with these settings and i have also tried without wifi too and still no success.

Thanks.

Server Settings Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.com.au Use SSL, port: 995
    Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.com.au Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication
    Account Name/Username: myusername@yahoo.com.au Email address: myusername@yahoo.com.au Password: MyYahoo!7 Mail password

Advertisement

Tags: