1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Yahoo Connection Error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Craddock01, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Craddock01

Craddock01 Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2012
    I posted this in the S3 forum but it may be an issue across all platforms, I don't know. I've had my S3 for about 3 weeks now (coming over from an iPhone 4S). I set up my email accounts (junk, home work) using the email app that came preinstalled on the phone and all work fine with the exception of the Yahoo account. When I attempt to go to Bulk Mail or the Trash Folder, the circle spins as if trying to access the email and then after a while the message "Connection error" appears for 3-4 seconds then fades away. I have uninstalled the email account and set it back up and I can access these folders maybe once. Occasionally (very infrequently) it may work but most times not. Why can I not access these folders. I like to stay on top of the account deleting the junk & trash emails but the S3 will not allow me access. The iPhone never had any problems accessing these. I can go through the internet and access the mail from there but I don't want to have to do this. I haven't tried the Yahoo email app but I don't want to have to check 2 different apps for my emails. What's the deal??? :mad: Any assistance is appreciated.

Advertisement

2. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2012
    Male
    Houston, Texas, USA
    I had a similar problem that, apparently, is a fairly common problem. I was not getting a "Connection Error" message with my Yahooo e-mail, but was getting a "Password Incorrect" error or something like that. I searched and searched using Google anf finally found something that said that when using Yahoo with a mobile device, it doesn't like passwords with capital letters or characters in them. I changed my Yahoo password and have not had the problem since. You might want to do that and see if it works.

3. Craddock01

Craddock01 Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2012
    So I have to change my password because Samsung/Droid & Yahoo can't get along and recognize uppercase characters & symbols? Really? This is 2013 right? Is this THAT difficult that no one can find a fix? Bu!!$hit!!

4. phil75231

phil75231 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2012
    Male
    Houston, Texas, USA
    I agree completely, but it worked for me. :eek:

5. Craddock01

Craddock01 Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2012
    OK - tried that. Removed all caps. I have numerals in my password. I wonder if this anomaly includes numerals too because it didn't fix the "Connection error".

6. Craddock01

Craddock01 Newbie
    None

Dec 27, 2012
    Just got a new Galaxy S3 (before Christmas) and intermittently (more often than not) I cannot get my Yahoo mail. I receive "Yahoo Connection Error" at bottom of the screen when I attempt to get mail from inbox, spam, deleted...etc. I've changed my password - no luck. Really? I'm the only one with this problem and no one knows how to fix it??? Please - any help is appreciated.

I don't want to download Yahoo's app - I would like to get all of my email in one place and currently use the app that came pre-installed on the S3.:mad::mad: