• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo Email App Issues

brizey

Android Enthusiast
Jun 25, 2011
If you are having the notifications going crazy issue, you are not alone.

Last night it was so bad my phone could not fully charge--I had vibrate on and it ate through the battery faster than it could charge.

Any suggestions for a good mail app to use until they fix it? I am using a ROM that does not have a built-in email app.

Does not seem to work any more. The options page is blank after I switched it to Asia. They must detect your location now and closed the loophole.

Edit:

I went ahead and reinstalled the generic AOSP email app. I had deleted it because I did not use it. It works well enough...but the yahoo dedicated app is very good (when it is works, lol)...better than the gmail app except for the goofy purple, lol.

Upvote 0
Does not seem to work any more. The options page is blank after I switched it to Asia. They must detect your location now and closed the loophole.

Edit:

I went ahead and reinstalled the generic AOSP email app. I had deleted it because I did not use it. It works well enough...but the yahoo dedicated app is very good (when it is works, lol)...better than the gmail app except for the goofy purple, lol.

that sucks....i did it like 8 months ago so i guess they could have figured it all out. sorry i couldn't be of any more help.
you can look into K9 mail, and maildroid. both are very similar and may work for what you need them for. also been a while since i have used them, and i dont even remember if they work with yahoo accounts.

Reactions: brizey
Upvote 0
More flakiness today. Got a notification--email not there but it is in my inbox if I look in a PC browser.

I wish they would get on the ball with this app and the service behind it. They break it every few weeks yet there are never any features added.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones