1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yahoo email doesn't work, now that I have left the US

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chewedpup, May 15, 2011.

1. chewedpup

chewedpup Well-Known Member

I am in the UK on vacation (from the US), and just tried to check my yahoo mail. It would not connect to the server, so I deleted the account and tried to add it again, using the same set up I had before (I wrote down all the settings). That didn't work, so I went online and looked at other problems posted - and I tried all combinations of settings, from imap.mail.yahoo.com, port 993, ssl, to smtp.mail.yahoo.com, port 465 to 143, to android.imap.mail.yahoo.com to android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com and NOTHING works, all I get is "unable to open connection to the server."
    Would this have anything to do with me going overseas to the UK from the US? I wouldn't have thought so, but I cannot figure this out.
    I'm using the IMAP option, putting in my username@yahoo.com, my password, and all the manual settings (automatic didn't work either) - help someone please? Please note, I am rooted with Gingerbread.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

This needs to be posted in the HTC Hero Sprint section

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews