• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo Mail App. killing my battery

doneve141

Oct 18, 2009
Oklahoma
When Yahoo released its own mail app on the market I gave it a try. I have been using the native mail app. It worked fine but thought the one from Yahoo might add something to the experience. Initially it was ok. Nothing spectacular. I could access all of my folders that I couldn't do in the mail app. but otherwise it was just the same. I continued to use it though. I noticed a difference in my battery life but I added several apps during that time. It got so bad that I was charging at night and again during the day just to keep my phone alive. I uninstalled the Yahoo app and my battery went back to lasting a full day and still having charge on it when I plugged in at night the next day. I have not read of anyone else having this issue but thought I would pass my experience along.

It may have something to do with how often you had it set it to update to Yahoo.I use Yahoo as my main email acct.but I don't use the new app.or any app.to communicate with Yahoo.I bookmark Yahoo email on my ph.thus I access yahoo as I would from my pc..I learned to do this yr's ago when all the problems with mobile email began.this method works well for me.
The main draw back being I hate trying to respond to an email using the crap Hero keyboard and to some extent not all features are avail.on the mobile version of Yahoo.

Upvote 0
Yahoo mail app reduced battery life in my Samsung Epic 4G from around 30 hrs to about 12 hrs. Perhaps something could have been changed in settings to help...but my opinion is if the default install state is that screwy then the app can kiss my behind. Uninstall restored battery life to normal immediately.

And the app required 4 clicks to get a message opened. The native email program on my Epic opens a message in two clicks. The yahoo email app is just plain garbage.

Upvote 0
Yes.. same thing here.... i installed the yahoo mail app after the native mail app from verizon started sending ozmail....
evidently.. yahoo has messed that up so you'll use their App...

May battery was flat out dead by 2pm... Ridiculous...

Before i got that piece of crap off my phone i sent them their "feedback"

If i have to I'll dump yahoo all together..

So.. yes, your suspicions were correct... after i uninstalled it everything is back to normal... lets see... 3:43 pm and over half charge remaining...

Yahoo mail app would have killed it long ago...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones