1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yahoo Mail App Not Showing Notifications?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Twisted4k, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Twisted4k

Twisted4k Lurker

I was swiping away notifications from my Yahoo Mail app on my HTC U11 phone and a message eventually appeared asking something along the lines of "we noticed you're swiping away notifications from this app, would you no longer like to receive them?" and I accidentally hit "yes". So now I no longer get notifications telling me I got emailed but I want them.

I went into the system and app settings and both of them say that the Yahoo Mail app is enabled to show notifications. But I never receive them anymore. I tried reinstalling the app but no luck. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

My yahoo email app hasn't shown notifications in a while.
    It's not really a big thing, but I'd like at least a badge...

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

check your permissions for yahoo. there should be an option to change it. i do not have your phone so i can't guide you there. but it should be on your phone's settings under apps and then under yahoo and finally under permissions

Dannydet likes this.
  4. Twisted4k

Twisted4k Lurker

I have everything turned on in the permissions tab for the app. Still no luck. Also tried resetting all the phone's app preferences and the app still won't show notifications.

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

uninstall and reinstall yahoo mail.......not sure what you can do after that, if that does not work.

6. Twisted4k

Twisted4k Lurker

Yeah I tried that, no luck. Again, I also tried resetting all the app preferences. I've looked around a bunch of other threads online and it seems no one else knows how to fix this.

HTC U11 Forum

The HTC U11 release date was June 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4/6GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2017
Release Date
Reviews