1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Yahoo Mail App Not Syncing in Background

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kluivert76, Dec 3, 2010.

1. kluivert76

kluivert76 New Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Hi,

I've just installed teh Yahoo mail app on my Desire HD but the app is no longer receiving push email. It was working before I factory reset my phone.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. shortansassy

shortansassy Member

Sep 15, 2010
    You need to post this question in the HTC Desire HD Forum for Troubleshooting. You would have better luck getting an answer. I don't know if you didn't notice, or just didn't care...but you are in the HTC Incredible Troubleshooting forum.
    Go here and re-post. Make sure you delete this post.
    Thanks and hope you get your answer.
    HTC Desire HD - Android Forums

3. Reverence

Reverence Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I am getting the same problem. It was working fine but now it only seems to push e-mails sometimes, such as when I just end a phone call.

4. weihl165

weihl165 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I have been using it for a few days with no problems.

5. brigand

brigand Active Member

Nov 28, 2010
    As far as I can tell, the Yahoo Mail app chooses to work only when it feels like it. There'll be a week where I'm notified of new emails IMMEDIATELY, and then there'll be a week where I get zero notifications and must check my mail manually. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

The problem I've been having lately is that it doesn't seem to realize that I acknowledged the notifications. Eg, I'll get a notification that says, "you have 2 new emails." I acknowledge it and read the emails. Then later it will say, "you have 5 new emails," when in reality only 3 of them are "new"- I had already been notified of the first 2. They just keep adding up. It doesn't reset until I turn my off and then back on. Right now it says I have 27 new emails!

6. phi11y2

phi11y2 Member

May 7, 2010

I started experiencing the same thing a couple days ago. It pushes emails randomly and no is only doing it for one of the accounts I have set up. Frustrating to say the least.

7. jimdriver2

jimdriver2 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Same issue's here as well.

I had the ever increasing unread mail bug, but a uninstall and reinstall seemed to fix that. But i've not had a single push notification in the last 24 hours.

I think it's something to do with their service, as the app was working pretty much perfectly until this week since the last update.