1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Yahoo Mail App

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by trblcmn, May 19, 2011.

1. trblcmn

trblcmn Lurker

My Droid has slow responses to incoming mail through the installed email program on my phone, so I DL'd the Yahoo Email App. But when I go to set it up it tells me this:

"Add account failed.- Your account is locked. Please sign in to yahoo via a web browser to unlock your account."

Anyone else experience this and have a solution? I cannot find anything in my Yahoo account to unlock and their Help section is a joke.

If this has already been addressed, i apologize. The search did not find anything for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olskool

olskool Well-Known Member

I have heard bad reports on this app. If you set up an account on yer phone it might work, but I just used browser and created widget to oped mine. No notification but shortcut works fine. I suggest uninstall and use my method. If this helps please rem 2 hit thanks. Olskool.

3. StratosWRC

StratosWRC Newbie

I have had it running since owning my wildfire no problems. The new online yahoo mail beta is a 'pita' though.

4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Extreme Android User

The new online beta of Yahoo Mail is the pits. You have to enable almost everything to read your mail. Before, you just enabled Yahoo to write a response, but now it's both Yahoo, and Yimg. Everytime Yahoo messes with the mail, it gets worse for everyone. Android might not handle Yahoo's exceptions, yet. Mine is still working, but I access it through the browser, not the app.

5. trblcmn

trblcmn Lurker

Well thank you all for the help. I truly appreciate it.

I tried many things, went through a browser, email apps, changing the incoming/outgoing server, turning off wifi and no go. Atleast until the original email program worked right on it's once a day(if lucky) occasion. Then I could go in change the settings info I found as a solution and also got in by a browser. But once it goes back to not working then these ways will give errors again.

I guess after having the same yahoo account since the WEB came online I may have to ditch it for Google mail, which actually works when I need it to. What is funny is I have 2 yahoo accounts, one works pretty regularly but is for junk. The one I want to work rarely does. Makes no sense. I also read somewhere that Yahoo basically doesnt like Google and it's ways, so this is why we are having so many problems.

6. olskool

No need to dump yahoo just uninstall app, access through browser, bookmark. Then create shortcut.
    That's what most do. You just won't receive notifications on phone which can get aggravating if you get a lot of mail anyway. Olskool

7. olskool

8. trblcmn

trblcmn Lurker

Thanks Olskool. When I tried using the browser to access Yahoo email last night, I got sign in errors. When it did finally work this morning, the regular email program also worked. Maybe my phone is messed up? I don't know what is up, this phone used to update my emails(all accounts) all the time now it's only working maybe once a day if that.

9. olskool

Who is your service provider? Other things can b done like refresh phone. Take battery out, wait 2 min put back reboot. Smartphones work like mini computers and need this periodically and after changes made like uninstall. Also ( I've said this toa lot of people ) many don’t know if w/ vzw ya need to refresh w/ towers 1 time / week.
    Dial *228 option 2 and wait. After done reboot. Still more tricks if this doesn't work. Don’t give up!

10. trblcmn

trblcmn Lurker

Verizon is my SP. I have had my Droid for nearly a year now and the occasional problem arises but I find a fix for it quickly. I haven't had any trouble with my Yahoo email access until the last couple of months though and I rarely DL apps.

Anyway, thanks for the tips. So far today things are working properly. <crosses fingers> I do reboot my phone a lot, find it helps especially when a program stalls. I also did the *228, option #2.