1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Yahoo Mail App

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krbuc, Jan 4, 2012.

1. krbuc

krbuc Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Hello, I'm new to all this, just switched from a blackberry. I'm using the Yahoo mail app however, I want to stop it from checking my mail. To save the battery I want to manually check my email rather than it always checking it. I believe I have everything set to manual but it still notifies me of yahoo emails right away. Am I missing something??

Is it just a notification or is something always running, draining the battery??

I'm using the built in email app for my hotmail and it works fine, it doesn't notify me of anything until I open the app.

Kevin

Advertisement

2. kaushal101

kaushal101 Member
    None

Apr 11, 2010
    I have been struggling with the battery performance. I am going from 100% at 9AM to 15% at 8PM. That's quite bad, compared to my old HTC Desire, with same apps.

I've installed yahoo mail app and was using it previously. Then, like you, I thought it was a battery drainer so removed notification options from the app and that had stopped mail notifications. I thought mail app was closed.

Yesterday I was going through running apps and services, and noticed yahoo mail lying there. I tried killing several apps, yahoo mail was one of them.

Since then, my battery has improved significantly. I am not sure if it was because of yahoo mail or some other app which I killed.

Most likely, yahoo mail on galaxy s2 looks to be deadly battery drainer. Something used to keep my phone awake for extended period of time, and yahoo mail might be it.

I will run a number of more tests to conclude this, but if that's the case then it's not worth having this app in its current state.