1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Yahoo Mail application on the HTC Sensation

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Fram, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Fram

Fram Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Hello all,
    The HTC mail application on the Sensation now excepts "Yahoo Mail". It has even opened both of my Yahoo mail accounts successfully. However, my main account that has my chunk of emails says "NO MAIL" in all tabs... inbox, sent etc when in reality, they contain many emails even after it is refreshed. A small prelude, it did show them at the first instance i opened the account and then not appearing after i deleted it and am re-opening. Lots of luck.

Advertisement

2. djkurious

djkurious Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    This is also happening to me and it started yesterday!
    I deleted the account and re-installed the yahoo email and now it has no emails. All my labels are there, no emails.

3. il00

il00 Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Having same issue. Will send, but not receive. Using IMAP.
    Deleted, Reinstalled, cleared cache, cleared data, OFF, ON - no help
    Inbox now empty (after account deletion), but all the folders there, etc.. so its being recognized, just cant get new mail!
    Funny thing is, I added second yahoo account just now, works fine!! Annoying.
    And NO i dont want to add a crappy third part yahoo mail app; any other solutions?

4. lalta

lalta Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    ugghhhhh.... same here. worked fine when I first set it up about 4 days ago, then nothing but the dreaded "no mail" message.

5. theflowguy

theflowguy Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Initially setup yahoo mail and worked fine. Yesterday decided to try Yahoo's android app. Tried it worked ok but liked the default mail program better. Deleted the app and added my yahoo account back in. Now "No Mail". Tried changing security to TLS but no joy.

6. ShahramM

ShahramM Lurker
    None

Jun 26, 2011
    Looks like Yahoo is requiring the use of their mail App and disabling other clients.

7. doostar

doostar Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2011
    This is a disaster. I have several Yahoo accounts. Since I bought the phone (HTC Desire Z from Bell in Canada, located at Toronto), I have been using HTC Mail which came installed with the phone. It was excellent, I check my gmail and yahoo mail with it.

Since yesterday, my yahoo accounts don't respond. Gmail is fine and I don't have any problem with it on HTC Mail. Only Yahoo, it just get a message in the Yahoo Mail Inbox which says "Get More Messages: 84 messages total on server". I can click on it, when I click, I get the same message again, no matter how many times I click on it.

All my Yahoo accounts now show the same message(only the number of emails are different). I had to reinstall deficient Yahoo Mail to have access to my mail. Unfortunately can't install K-9 on my phone for some strange reason(it does not come up in the search in the market).

Does anybody know what is wrong and when this problem is going to be fixed? :mad: